1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 butternut pumpkin, cooked & pureed
½ cup cooked white beans
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup of water
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of white pepper
1 cup plain soy milk (can omit if necessary)
3 table spoons White Miso
Handful of baby spinach leaves
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
1. In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin purée, stock, water, cayenne pepper, and white pepper.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Add soy milk and miso; cook for 1 minute more (do not boil).
3. Transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth. Add basil and purée for 30 seconds.
4. Add white beans & spinach
5. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot. Add cooked white beans and a handful of baby spinach leaves just before serving.