Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Interstitial Cystitis - Natural Relief



Hormonal profiling is the first step towards relief from Interstitial Cystitis (IC), as Rachel*, discovered.

Rachel’s Story
After surgery, my health changed.  For starters, I always felt bloated and stress from a relationship bust up left me exhausted and run down. 

My immune system was so low that I constantly had either a cold or a flu.  In spite of several courses of antibiotics, my health just would not improve.  Worst of all, my whole body felt painful and constantly ached.  I was gaining weight around my stomach and always battling thrush.

Although I had suffered from Urinary Tract Infections from time to time, it was when I first experienced the excruciating pain and urgency to go to the loo, that I knew something was wrong.  Over the next 12 months my symptoms worsened; (urgency, pain, poor immunity, bloating) and I was also constantly fatigued.  I had a series of tests and finally a diagnosis of IC was made.  

There had to be a reason why I had IC  – and I knew I had to find it. Over the counter remedies from the health food store, although helping a little, were not enough.

Narelle’s Comments
Rachel’s story is a perfect example of how important hormonal profiling and wellness mapping is.  We see all too often the effects of ‘blanket treatments’ that treat the symptom rather than the cause. 
It is important to remember that to restore long term health, you need to identify the initial cause and this takes time and expertise.  Investing time into getting to the ‘root’ cause of Rachel’s health challenges is what made the difference.   This is what Rachel’s ‘wellness’ map looked like:
 

Establishing her hormonal profile, I then designed a wellness map that was not only going to improve her immune system and energy, but also restore digestive health and hormonal balance.  It was time to help Rachel overcome IC and feel fantastic.   

Rachel’s  treatment strategy included a personalized tonic using traditional medicinal herbs such Thymus vulgaris and Gentian to restore  digestive health and eliminate infection while the addition of Withania somnifera combined with Passiflora incarnata helped to restore adrenal and central nervous system health.  Other herbs such as Rehmannia, Achillea millefolium and Echinacea were included to lower inflammation and improve immune health.  Other herbs were included throughout her treatment  to support hormonal balance. 

Targeted dietary changes to support healthy hormonal balance including limiting coffee, tea, orange juice and broccoli, were provided in an easy to understand format, that fitted well with Rachel’s busy life. 

Personalized orthomolecular and nutritional therapy, formed part of Rachel’s long term plan.  These changes, combined with gentle detoxification techniques; gently guided her health to new levels.  Her new wellness plan was a must for overcoming her symptoms of fatigue, bloating, lowered immunity, hormonal imbalance and IC.

Outcome:

Today, Rachel has restored energy levels and is no longer bloated.  Her immune system is healthy and she no longer suffers from chronic pain and urine frequency caused by IC.

To discover your wellness map, complete your Assessment online at www.massattack.com.au