Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diagnosed With Underactive Thyroid

I've been overweight probably for most of my adult life. Not excessively, but it was always a battle. I love my food and I'm an emotional eater too - I'd cope with stress or boredom by turning to food. It was just how I’d deal with life. Comfort food, and cravings; that’s what I was all about. No wonder I couldn’t lose weight!

But strangely enough, my health problems really started when I began losing weight rapidly. It started when I was going through menopause and a really stressful time in my life. I should have been happy about it, but I knew it was a sign that something wasn't right. I had a host of other health issues too, and felt so exhausted I could hardly get out of bed. So eventually I saw a doctor. To read full article click here